2:01:51.00

I set a goal earlier this year to do a triathlon this summer and Aug 11 was the day. My dad, brother in law and I did the sprint triathlon in Raymond. 750m swim 20km bike and 5km run. It was awesome and I definitely would like to do more.


Swim training early one morning



My sweet helmet and aero bars

My bike It's old but it works great
My run gear 


Transition set up.

















waiting for my turn to swim. It was a cold morning

Getting ready to head out on the bike

Finish Line

Dave, me and dad We did it


I finished in 2:01:51.00. I am the worse at setting a pace and looking back I know I could have done it faster.
A month ago I couldn't even do the front crawl so I was happy with my swim time even though its slower than most people and I have to wear a nose plug haha. The bike was the toughest part. It's a gradual hill all the way out to the Ridge so I was looking forward to the ride back but good ol' SoAb wind picked up and made the ride a lot harder. The run was okay. The bike ride was really tough so it effected my run time.

I am proud to say that I did it. It was so much fun to train and race with my dad. He passed and beat me on the bike. I'd like to keep training all year long and then kill my time next year.




Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

The Dudleys said...

You rock my socks Jaz! I want to do a triathalon so bad!

Denver and Jazmin said...

Let's find one somewhere warm and do it!!

Boehme's 4 Life said...

good stuff, Jaz!!! Youre such an inspiration to me!