Logan Thomas Wilde

Our little boy Logan Thomas finally came on Tuesday March 6 at 5 am! My due date wasnt until the 11th but since Dane was a few weeks early I though that it would be the same this time.
Monday night I was working and felt the first few contractions at about 9-930. They were pretty consistent but really tolerable so I just shrugged it off. I tried going to sleep but was paranoid that I was in labour so after googling all about contractions and how to know if your in labour or not I decided around 12 to start timing them. They were about 7-8 minutes apart and not that bad. I really didn't want to wake Dane and my parents up, take Dane over there,get all the way to the hospital and get sent home. So I kept waiting. At 3:30 the contractions were a lot stronger so Den decided we should go. We took Dane to my parents and were at the hospital by 4 ish. When we got to the hospital the contractions were pretty intense! After my water broke I was only 3cm. But I knew that meant I could get an epidural! So we walked to the delivery room, I got an IV and then I felt like I had to push all within 30 minutes of my water breaking.
The nurse checked and said " well there's good news and bad news" I knew right away that the baby was coming and that I wouldn't be getting an epidural.
A few minutes after that Logan was born. I didnt end up having to push once and embarrassed myself by screaming ( I couldn't help it lol) He came so fast that the Dr didn't get there til 15 minutes after.















(phone pictures.. I'll add the other ones later)
He is a wonderful baby. I forgot how much they sleep! Dane is a good big brother so far. He gives Logan kisses and hugs and shares his trucks and cars with him so well! Dane feels like such a big boy now! My baby isn't my baby anymore which makes me kinda sad. Dane and Logan are 18 months apart so I hope they become best friends.
There is so much that comes with having a baby. A lot of stuff you don't learn about until you've actually had one. I did a lot of research before Logan was born to make recovering easier since I have a baby at home already. So for my friends that are about to be moms for the first or second time, here's 3 must haves that you should know about.
I am a little shy about sharing this so hopefully someone appreciates it lol!
1. Dermoplast - you can only buy it in the states. It's 9.99 a bottle at Walgreens. Get the blue can not red.





2. Tucks Pads - witch hazel helps with swelling and a bunch of other stuff. Generic brands are cheaper.





3. Heat pack instead of ice or ice in the first 24 hours and heat after that. ( You can buy disposable heat packs at the dollar store)
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments:

jezebel said...

cutest little family! sounds like my kind of labor... fast! haha. and thanks for the tips!

Sheryl said...

So, exciting Jazmin! We can't wait to meet him. Love labor stories, each one is different! Glad to hear everything is going well. And I love, love, love the name!

The Dudleys said...

THat is one cute little man! Can't wait to snuggle him! Congrats!

Jenna Ririe said...

Congrats Jaz! What a sweet baby boy and a great labour story! Thank you so much for sharing. It will be fun to have our kids so close together! Congrats again to you all!

Nicole Wendorff said...

yahoo! great story :) and congrats! Good tips that I wish I'd known six months ago :)

Jennie Holt said...

congrats on baby logan! he is adorable! i am intrigued by this pain spray. does it work??