DIY Sunburst Mirror

I've been wanting a sunburst mirror forever! But some of the price tags on the ones that I've liked have been shocking! So I googled DIY sunburst mirrors and found a lot of amazing ones done with inexpensive materials.

Like this one is made out of shims, and a candle plate
(http://jandjhome.blogspot.com/2011/03/diy-sunburst-mirror.html)



And this one made from paint stir sticks (which you can get for free from most places you buy paint!)

(/www.centsationalgirl.com/2011/04/diy-paint-stick-sunburst-mirror)

I'm really looking forward to getting this project done! I can't decide which one to do though!

Which one do you like better? Should the wood be painted or stained? It will most likely be going in my bedroom my walls are cream and I have chocolate brown carpet.... HELP!

3 comments:

Allison J Brown said...

I love this Jazi! I have a sunburst clock that I love.. can't even describe why that look is so cool, but it really is! You should totally do this DIY and blog about it.

Allison J Brown said...

Oh also, I like the paint stick one at the bottom, altering stained and unstained. Really cool

Denver and Jazmin said...

I know eh?! I just love how they look! I didnt even notice the finish on the paint stick one... good idea!!!